If you’ve read my review on Elevation Vanilla Protein Powder, you’ll know that protein shakes aren’t really my thing anymore. They were long ago, but I’ve since lost my taste for artificial sweeteners (this is sweetened with Sucralose). In short, while the vanilla shake isn’t my favorite now, it tastes JUST like more-expensive name-brand protein shakes I drank and enjoyed long ago. I feel the same with this Elevation Chocolate Whey Protein Powder Blend and it tastes BETTER than the vanilla!
My husband agrees that while both flavors are good, the chocolate really takes the prize. He likes to mix it up with Friendly Farms Almond Milk and sometimes a scoop of Peanut Delight Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
The outer package says to compare it to Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. One scoop per 12 oz. of water contains:
- 180 calories
- 2.5 fat
- 9g carbs
- 2g sugar
- 30g protein
- Creatine-Amino Acid Blend (Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine)
Each 32 oz. tub will run you $15.99 and makes 18 servings. That’s less than a buck a serving!
The ALDI Nerd Grade: B
- A = Excellent! I LOVE this product!
- B = Good! I really like this!
- C = This is just okay. I just kind of like this.
- D = Not Great. I’ll keep it, but probably won’t buy another.
- F = BUMMER! I’ll probably return this to the store.
What are your favorite ways to mix up your protein shake?