I love my Instant Pot, and use it a ton! But lately I have just been using it for “the basics”, (oatmeal, chicken breasts, eggs, etc) and haven’t really played around with it or tried anything new. Today that changed, when I took all my favorite flavors and threw them into the Magic Pot with some quinoa.
The result was perfect, fluffy quinoa with sweetness from the onions and corn, a touch of jalapeno flavor, and a lovely freshness from the cilantro. I could eat this stuff all day! (And pretty much have been, lol!)
Most of these ingredients you probably already have on hand, but of course, whatever you don’t, you can be sure to find at your local ALDI. If you’re vegetarian/vegan, I’m sure SimplyNature Organic Vegetable Broth would be an excellent substitute for the chicken broth!
Instant Pot Jalapeno Cilantro Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 3 cups SimplyNature Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups SimplyNature Organic Quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Season’s Choice Frozen Corn
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute. When the pot reads HOT, add oil, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add chicken broth, quinoa, and salt to the pot. Put on the lid, and set to sealing. Cook on Manual (High) for 8 minutes. (Took about 4-5 minutes to come to pressure in my 8 qt DUO)
- When it has completed, perform a quick pressure release (QPR). Leave the pot on “Keep Warm”
- Remove the lid, and add the cilantro and corn to the pot. Stir. Put the lid back on and let it sit on “Keep Warm” for about 5 minutes or until corn is no longer cold.
Quinoa is one of my favorite foods because it is so versatile and packed with protein. This will fill you up!
What are your favorite ways to spice up your quinoa?