There’s been talk about these in The ALDI Nerd Facebook Group lately. When I saw these were featured in this week’s ad, it was a definite sign that I needed to share with my fellow Nerds about this product.
Specially Selected Naan Flatbreads are available every day at ALDI. They come in a 4-pack in both Original and Garlic flavors and will run you $3.49. (I have also purchased these HALF OFF when they are close to the expiration date, and stuck them in the freezer. They still tasted great when thawed!)
I love these because the are delicious and versatile! These are great for:
- Pita Sandwiches (Gyros anyone?)
- Dip Delivery System (Hummus, Jalapeño Artichoke Dip, Tabbouleh)
- With dishes like Mjadra or Tikka Masala
- Eating on their own!
- And the biggie….PIZZAS!
Tonight, everyone got to make their own PIZZAS for dinner! I’d love to tell you it was fun, magical and a great family bonding experience, but let’s be real. It was messy and my kids were totally fighting over who got what ingredients BUT….when these came out of the oven…they were DELICIOUS!!
So tonight we featured two pizzas on the menu: Cheese and Pepperoni for the kiddos, and BBQ Chicken for the grownups!
The best part is, if these flavor profiles don’t suit you, you can change it up however you like! More sauce, less sauce, more cheese, less cheese, extra onions, hold the mayo…it’s up to you! If you want to make BBQ Chicken Pizza here’s what you gotta do:
BBQ Chicken Naan Flatbread Pizza
- 1 package Specially Selected Naan Flatbread
- Carlini Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Burman’s Regional Kansas City BBQ Sauce)
- About 1/4-1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cups Happy Farm Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Lunch Mate Original Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly brush the top side (bubble side up!) of each flatbread with a little bit of olive oil.
- Evenly divide sauce between each flatbread (about 1/8 cup per flatbread. You may need slightly more or less depending on the size, as they vary.)
- Evenly divide chicken and onion between each flatbread.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake directly on the middle oven rack for 6-7 minutes.
After that…it’s PIZZA TIME!
For the kid’s pizzas we followed the same basic steps:
- Lightly oil naan bread
- Spread on desired sauce. (We used SimplyNature Organic Marinara Sauce. I think pesto, alfredo, or hot sauce would be excellent too!)
- Sprinkle on desired ingredients. (The kids mostly used Mama Cozzi’s Turkey Pepperoni, but you can really add any precooked meats/seafood, fresh veggies and herbs.)
- Top with about 1/2 cup of cheese (Get fancy with feta, blue cheese, goat cheese slices, or even some Mexican style cheese for Taco Pizza!)
- Bake for 6-7 minutes directly on the middle oven rack.
What are you favorite pizza combinations? What else do you like to use naan flatbread for?