This has been the best Taco Tuesday dinner we have had in a long time!
You need to purchase the ingredients to make this Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Corn Salsa next week. The casserole itself is creamy and cheesy and the addition of the tortillas gives it a great flavor and slight crunch. The corn salsa is AH-MAZING and oh so FRESH! I was afraid I was going to eat all of it while I waited for the casserole to finish cooking! I would make the corn salsa again on its own, to serve with chips at a party.
The original recipe from the ALDI USA website, doesn’t call for cilantro in its corn salsa, but I had some on hand and absolutely love it, so I threw some in there. It is completely optional, though. What are we waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Corn Salsa
What you need:
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Happy Farms Mexican Shredded Cheese, divided
- 3 cups broken Clancy’s Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips* (I didn’t have these so I used plain tortilla chips)
For the Corn Salsa:
- 2 cans Happy Harvest Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9×13-inch casserole with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken breasts. Cover with water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, let cool; shred. (I cooked my chicken in my Instant Pot with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes on Poultry setting! Easy peasy!)
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Add to the chicken and mix well.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture in the casserole dish. Top with ½ cup cheese and the tortilla chips.
- Spread remaining chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until heated through.
- For the corn salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well combined, chill.
- Top casserole with corn salsa and serve! We added sour cream, sliced green onions on top too!