If you are looking for a potato salad with a twist for your next barbecue, this is it! Instant Pot Green Bean Potato Parmesan Salad is a recipe I found on the ALDI website, but made it even easier by cooking the potatoes (WHOLE) in my Instant Pot! If you don’t own an Instant Pot, (even though I highly suggest you go out and get one because I LOVE mine!), no worries because I’ve included the original directions also.
This salad has such a fresh, lemony flavor with LOTS of cheese and the green beans give it a nice, sweet crunch. I chose to use red skin potatoes over russet, because red skin are my absolute favorite potatoes! The ingredients are simple, and all available at ALDI!
Instant Pot Green Bean Potato Parmesan Salad
Adapted from this recipe, courtesy of Chef Michelle from the ALDI Test Kitchen
What You Need:
- 1 cup water
- 10 russet or red skin potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Reggano Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
How to Make This:
- Place water in your Instant Pot. Put in a trivet and add the potatoes (leave them whole) on top. Lock the lid, set to sealing, and cook on Manual Pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking is complete, perform a Quick Pressure Release on your pot and remove the lid. Allow potatoes to cool and then chop in to bite sized pieces.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot: In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes (cut in to 6ths) with water and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20-35 until fork tender. Drain water, and reserve potatoes.
- Fill a medium saucepan 3/4 full with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add green beans, reduce heat and boil gently for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain water, and reserve the green beans. Let cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- When potatoes and green beans are fairly cool, toss with the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Add Parmesan cheese to salad and toss to coat.
What are your favorite barbecue side dishes?