After a major fail last week, I finally found the best way to cook my FAVORITE Slow Cooker Lemon Rice Soup Recipe in my Instant Pot! The secret? It’s all about using FRESH LEMONS. I tried to cut corners and use lemon juice I already had in the fridge and was sorely disappointed.
The best part is you only need 4 ingredients (well, 6 if you include salt and pepper!) and all of these can be found at your local ALDI store.
What You Need:
- 5 cups SimplyNature Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 egg yolks
How to Make:
- Pour the chicken broth and rice in to the Instant Pot. Give it a stir.
- Place the lid on the pot and set valve to sealing. Cook on Manual (high) for 3 minutes.
- When it is done, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- While waiting for the pressure to come down, whisk together egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl.
- When pressure is released, open the lid and remove 1 cup of the soup. Add this slowly to the egg yolk and lemon juice mixture and stir.
- Add egg yolk/lemon juice/soup mixture slowly back in to the rest of the soup in the Instant Pot, stirring.
- Put lid on pot and set to venting. Cook on Slow Cook Normal for 10 minutes.
- Serve and add salt and pepper to taste
Now you’re ready to eat!
I leave the salt and pepper out because different family members like different amounts, so be sure to add your own salt and pepper to your bowl at the end to really bring out the flavors.
At first, I was impressed that I didn’t have to head to the nearest Coney restaurant to get lemon rice soup. Now I’m impressed I can cook it way faster in my Instant Pot! I love how economical this is too.
If you haven’t joined the Instant Pot craze yet, be sure to visit Dish About It to make the slow cooker version that I adapted this recipe from!