I have been making this White Chicken Chili recipe for years in my slow cooker and now I’m so excited to have adapted this to my INSTANT POT! It took about an hour total and tasted like it had been cooking all. day. long. YUM! I didn’t even have to pre-soak my dried beans which I thought was totally amazing and convenient, because if you’re like me, I’m always planning dinner at the last minute! The cheese at the end totally makes the dish. If you like things on the spicier side, substitute the block of Monterrey Jack cheese with an additional block of Pepper Jack.
To make White Chicken Chili, you will need:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 16 oz jar SimplyNature Organic Thick & Chunky Style Mild Salsa
- 1 cup Dakota’s Pride Dry Great Northern Beans, rinsed & sorted
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of SimplyNature Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Table Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Black Pepper
- 1 – 8 oz block Happy Farms Monterrey Jack Cheese, cut in to cubes
- 1 – 8 oz block Happy Farms Pepper Jack Cheese, cut in to cubes
- Put onion, salsa, beans, water, broth, cumin, salt, and pepper in to your Instant Pot. Give it a good stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in the pot.
- Put the lid on and cook on Bean/Chili setting (or Manual High) for 30 minutes. (If you like mushier beans you may want to increase the cook time to 35 minutes)
- Do a natural pressure release for about 20 minutes, and then open your valve to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pot and shred. Add back to pot along with the cubed Monterrey Jack and Pepper Jack.
- Set pot to Saute and cook until cheese is gooey and melty.
I like to add fresh cilantro on top when I have it and serve with a dollop of sour cream and crushed up tortilla chips.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t fret! Be sure to check out Hope’s slow cooker version at her blog, A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures, and she has a bunch of other amazing recipes over there too.