I’m on the search for the perfect chili recipe to please my heat-loving husband and my not-so-spicy kiddos. I was messing around in the kitchen one night and came up with this! My husband of course, would have liked it spicier, but did say he still liked it and it had more of a kick than my usual chili, and the kids still gobbled this up!
All the ingredients can be found at ALDI, with the exception of the jalapeno. I have seen jalapenos at ALDI in the past, but haven’t seen them lately. Maybe they are only available certain times of the year.
I made this in my Instant Pot but this could totally be done in a slow cooker too! This sort of happened on accident so I didn’t take any photos during the cooking process or of the final results. You’ll just have to use your imagination!
The ALDI Nerd Chili
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Grapeseed Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 lbs ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Cumin
- 1 – 15.5 oz can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 – 14.5 oz can Dakota’s Pride Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 – 10 oz can Casa Mamita Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 – 8 oz cans Happy Harvest Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Add grapeseed oil to your Instant Pot and set to Saute setting.
- When your pot says “Hot”, add onion, garlic, and jalapeno and cook until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Drain excess grease if necessary.
- Add cumin, chili powder, and salt (to taste).
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar to pot. Stir to combine
- Put on your pot lid, seal, and set to Manual (high) for 9 minutes. When it’s finished let the pressure release naturally.
- Serve with your favorite chili fixings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You could probably make this in a slow cooker by following steps 1 – 3 on your stovetop and then adding all the ingredients to your slow cooker and cooking it on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.