Confession time: This was not only my very first time trying Journey to India Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, this was my very first time trying Tikka Masala EVER! I am (was) a TM VIRGIN!!
The jar has stovetop directions (maybe I’ll try those next time), but I cooked mine up in my Instant Pot since I’m pretty much obsessed with pressure cooking right now, ha!
This could not have been any easier!
- Put 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken thighs (maybe around 12 thighs total?) in your Instant Pot.
- Pour the Tikka Masala sauce on top.
- Put a splash of water in the Tikka Masala jar to get the extra sauce off the sides and pour that in too.
- Stir it up to coat the chicken.
- Seal your pot and set on Manual for 9 minutes. Use Quick Pressure Release when cooking is complete.
- Take chicken out and shred. Return back to pot and stir with sauce. The result?
SO DELICIOUS!!! Tikka Masala, where have you been my whole life? It’s been so cold and I’ve been searching for the perfect comfort food, and this is it! It’s like being wrapped up in a warm, cozy, curry-licious blanket! The spiciness is just right also. It was just hot enough that the adults enjoyed it, but not so hot that the kids wouldn’t eat it.
After I took the photo, I went and got a little more of the sauce for my rice, which it soaked right up, yum! I think next time I will add some sliced onions and peppers like the directions on the jar recommends but I was in a hurry (typical) and totally spaced out on adding veggies. (Mom brain!)
Do you know what else I love about this stuff? This is a regular product at ALDI! No need to run out tomorrow and stock up for the next 6 months! (Although it’s very good, you may just want to!) $1.99 for a 16 oz. jar… check it out next time you’re in… it likes to hang out by the ketchup!